The IRS Taxpayer Bill of Rights codifies existing rights into fundamental rights, making them clearer, more intelligible, and more accessible to taxpayers.
The Taxpayer's Bill of Rights gives every taxpayer a set of fundamental rights they should know.
Your Taxpayer Bill of Rights codifies existing rights and makes them clearer, more understandable, and available to all taxpayers.
What does the Taxpayer Bill of Rights include?
1.The Right to Be Informed
2.The Right to Quality Service
3. Right to Pay No More than the Correct Amount of Tax
4. The Right to Challenge the IRS’s Position and Be Heard
5. The Right to Appeal an IRS Decision in an Independent Forum
6.The Right to Finality
7. The Right to Privacy
8. The Right to Confidentiality
9. The Right to Retain Representation
10. The Right to a Fair and Just Tax System